Pagina's

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A lot to tell!

First of all I have some good news and second, wait...actually it's all good news! Our weekend was a bit hectic, cause Melle was missing since thursday evening. He walked to the trainstation together with Ivo, but he couldn't find his way back home :(! So we put a advertisement on the net to ask if someone has seen Melle. The next morning (!) we got a call from a woman who said Melle was at her place. They saw him walkin around at the street and took care of him! We were so happy and thankfull that they had called us immediatly. We made muffins as a reward. So now Melle is back home and he ate three bowls of food, because he was so hungry! He even growled while eating. And now he is fast asleep.
Well, all of you who can read Dutch know that my grandfather was in hospital for 5,5 weeks a while ago. After that he still had pain, practically every day. His foot hurt so much and it never cured properly. So he had to go to the hospital once more. There they cleaned his foot, but after that he still had pain. So they decided to amputate it. It may sound awfull to you, and ofcourse it's not something you look forward to. But my grandfather often said, please let them amputate it, cause then I don't have to suffer every day. So he is in peace with it. Now he is in a rehabilitation clinic to learn how to walk again, and surely he'll get a prothesis. He is very optimistic and wants to practise every day! He has a room with enough space to make an little painting, so that's what I'm going to do next (and knit Ivo's slipover ofcourse.)
I still working on that one, it looks rather nice. I'll put a picture on Ravelry in a couple of days. In the meantime I knitted a neckwarmer, it was very easy and super fast to knit. So I think I'm going to make a couple more in different colours, or to give away.
That's it for now. Sleep tight!

No comments: