Pagina's

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Three hurrays for the sheep with their fluffy fleece!

From now on I will write my blog in English, so people from all over the world can read my weblog. I've some exciting news to tell you! Since a couple of days, I'm the owner of a beautiful old spinning-wheel.

Here it is! What a beauty, isn't it?

I got it from my mom as a birthday present (my birthday is in two weeks), along with three books about natural wool dying. The woman I bought the spinning-wheel from told me her mother used to spin wool from their own sheep on it! Along with the spinning-wheel I got a set of three spools and two of them still got home-spun sheepwool on it. Also a pair of combs is included.
So I'm very happy and very excited to try the combing, spinning, washing and dying of wool! Oh! I almost forgot to tell I also got myself sheep fleece (ja een schapenvacht mensen :))! Well, actually it's another birthday present, from Ivo. Now I only have to figure out how to spin and gather some plants to dye my wool.

No comments: