Pagina's

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The abandoned garden


Since we are not much at home lately, our garden and plants got a bit neglected. Some plants were drowned by the rain, others dried out. But the damage isn't that big and we tried to water them every day.
In my last blog post I allready talked about the reason for us not being at home that much. Luckily I have some goodish news. My grandma is back home again, after she'd lain in hospital for four weeks. After some scans the docters saw 'something' in the coxa, that didn't belong there. They didn't know immediately what 'it' was, but it was sure that thing pressed on one of her sinews, which gave her terrible painattacs. After more examinations they've found out it is some kind of a tumor, in the lymph gland in her coxa (somewhere around the tailbone). Luckily this can be very well treated with chemotherapy. After one or two treatments the tumor will get smaller and the pressure on the sinew will decrease. We are glad they found the source of the painattacs and that it can be treated that well. My grandma will start her chemotheraphy at Tuesday. So I'll still won't be at home that much. I want to thank all the people who thought about my grandma, wished her the best and asked about her :) It was so sweet to see you all so concerned.
Let me show you my plants now, they deserve a little more attention.

Basil


Chives




















Last year I had a big basil plant. It even got flowers! When the flowers died, I harvested the seeds, which I have sown this year. The chives and East-Indian cherry seeds are bought at the supermarket. But I also collected the pumpkin seeds myself. Last year I baked a pumpkin pie and I've dried the seeds to sow them. And now look what they've become :)! I cheated a bit with the tomato plant, because I bought that allready being a little plant. But still, it has grown pretty good! I snatched all the leaves, so the plant can put all its energy in growing the fruits.

Organic pumpkin
Basil & East-Indian cherry






Tomato

No comments: