Pagina's

Monday, July 4, 2011

WIP: Marlee

I'm working on my first pattern! It's a tunic called Marlee!
After several attempts to knit "heart lace top" by Betty, I frogged it all and decided to make something up. Iwas knitting with grey cotton, so I wanted to make a summer top. But all the patterns I could find on ravelry didn't seem good enough. That's when I started to knit... I began with a broad collar, made some decreases and started to work on an open back. The first part was knitted on circular needles, but at the beginning of the opening at the back I divided the piece in a front part and a back part. The back is almost done, I'm now working on the cap sleeves. I don't know exactly what to do with the front. But I made a rough sketch, so we will see how this thing will turn out. Maybe I just make something up, while knitting.

This is the back. It looks a bit funny, because the edges tend to curl. Also the opening isn't going to be as round as it appears to be.

 
This is the piece seen from the front. As you can see, the first part is knitted on circulars.





You probably wonder why it's called Marle, or maybe not, but either way I'm going to tell you. I watched all six episodes of Case Histories while I was working on this piece. I can tell you, it's pretty addictive! Marlee is the daughter of Jackson Brodie - the private detective- where the show is about.

Hm, talking about addictive! These are too:

 I baked these yesterday. My best friend, niece, ucnle and aunt were visiting my grandparents. Since I am staying at my grandparents lately I decided to make a little treat. I found these on Saving Room For Dessert A blog full of delicious recipes (and pictures!) I can't wait to try out some of those pies. I mean...Baileys Irish Cream Mousse Pie, Chocolat Peanut Butter Pie, Lemon Ice Box Pie and Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie, how can you resist them! (and almost all the other pies)
I didn't expect the visitors would like my date bars, because dates are a bit exotic. But they loved them! And I must say, they are delicious! Full of sweet moist date filling and crunchy oats on top!

No comments: