Pagina's

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spinfever!

 Yesterday we had a spin day! No I do not mean cycling like an idiot to burn as much calories as you can. I mean real spinning, on a spinningwheel! I now use a Louët S10, which belongs to my mothers aunt. But we can use it until she needs it again. Someone I know from Ravelry came here to demonstrate us how to spin. Trijneke en Jelte also wanted to learn the great art of spinning. They had and old standing spinningwheel which actually belongs to Jelte's grandma, isn't that awesome!?
First are spinningwheels were tested and we got a lot of information about different kinds of wool and a spin demonstration ofcourse :)! After that we started practising our selves. First it didn't went very well, but after a while I got the hang of it. I used my sheepfleece to spin, the result was amazing. I didn't think you could spin such thin threads with my own sheep fleece! If my yarn spun and dyed I'll show it here.
The day before I baked a lot of muffins and I made sandwiches, so we had enough food :) It was a very, very nice day and we learned a lot! Our plan is to come together some day to spin, when we practised some more ;)

 Mom made a little video while I was spinning and we took some pictures. I uploaded it with Youtube, you can watch it here:

No comments: