Pagina's

Monday, March 28, 2011

Volunteers day

Two weeks ago everywhere in Holland people could join 'NL doet'/'NL does' On march 18 and 19 people could volunteer at a project or organisation of their choice. Since a week or 2 I work at a biologic garden called 'Sarasvati'. My mom has worked there a couple of years ago. Now we both do volunteers work there. My job is to photograph all the plants, trees and shrubs, to make an index of all plants in the garden.
At volunteers day we also went to Sarasvati to help there. I baked carrotcake with creamcheese icing and lemon cupcakes with lemon icing. The carrotcake was a huge success, which was very flattering :) The project on volunteers day was pollarding willows. We worked very hard and enjoyed the nice weather. When I came home I discovered my face was a little burned by the sun. Well I guess that's the price you got to pay with such a pale skin like me ;) But it was worth it, cause I enjoyed it all very much!



No comments: