Pagina's

Friday, April 8, 2011

Album of the Month: March

It’s time for a new ‘album of the month’! This time it wasn’t easy to pick one. There where many good album releases. Alamo Race Track, a Dutch band,  released a new album past month called ‘Unicorn loves Dear’. They’re one of my favourite Dutch bands. Also J. Mascis (Dinosaur Jr.) released a solo album and R.E.M. also released a new album. But I decided:

Alamo Race Track – Unicorn Loves Dear

unicorn-loves-deer

 

 

 

 

 

 

Listen: 3 voor 12 Luisterpaal
Release: March 26/2011
Website: http://www.alamoracetrack.com/

Not only does this album sound good, the cover also is wonderful! The first time I saw this band was in 2007 when I was in Plato (my favourite recordstore in Groningen). Before that, I’d never heared of them. Their music grabbed me instantly. Back home I immediately went to the library to borrow their album (‘Black Cat John Brown’ from 2006). I still love it! The new album sometimes reminds me of the previous one. But it’s a bit more sober. No more electirc guitars, but more acoustic work. Singer Ralph Mulder has a unique voice. You can hear that in all songs ofcourse, but in the titlesong it is very prominent. They will perform at Vera the 12th of May. But I’m not sure if I’m going to be there. because there’s aslo Thomas Dybdahl and the Liberation Festival in the same month :)

Come back for more next month!
Uhm, well you can drop by earlier to read my other stuff ofcourse ;-)

No comments: